Monday, May 29, 2006

Ten Things

I was tagged by Carly for a meme that's making the rounds: 10 Things That Make Me Say, "Life Is Good." I'm a glass half-full sorta guy; it doesn't take a whole lot to make me happy. But here's a few off the top of my head...

1. Let's start with the very obvious -- spending time with family and friends, the people that I can always count on to stick by me through thick and thin. And yes, this includes the online friends that I've known for years, but never met face-to-face.

2. Writing something special. Occasionally, I'll write something, then sorta take a step back and think "Wow. Where did that come from." It doesn't happen very often, but it feels good when it does.

3. Getting positive comments in my blog. It feels really good to know that someone has taken the time to read something I've written and then taken the time to tell me what they think about it.

4. A really good book.

5. A really good movie.

6. Time alone. Especially having the peace and quiet to enjoy and contemplate #4 or #5. Or maybe a long walk to lay the groundwork for #2.

7. The Internet. It's a whole new world, and I'm not sure how I got along without it for so many years.

8. A really good cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

9. Amusement parks. For the kid in me. I especially love the roller coasters.

10. Digital photography. Taking as many pictures as the memory card will hold, editing out the best ones and sharing them online with others.

Well, that's ten. I could probably come up with many, many more, but those are the first ones that came to mind. Now, I'm supposed to pass the meme along by tagging five more people, but I'm not going to do that. I think most of the people I would like to tag have already done this little exercise. If you haven't and would like to play along, consider this an open invitation. Just leave a link to your entry in the comments.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Blogger Carly said...

What a great list. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home